Before you can enjoy your new kitchen or other area of your home being remodeled, there is the construction phase of your project. Based on our years of experience, we ask you to consider the following steps or tips we have put together for you.
• Prior to us starting the work, think of all the restaurants you have been meaning to try. Microwave food gets old fast. Your list of restaurants may come in handy for an evenings escape!
• Create a "temporary" kitchen away from the construction area.
• Pack up the kitchen (or other room) before the construction begins. It may be a great time to "clean-out" your cabinets, remember to label everything well. Make sure you label "fragile" items accordingly.
• You may be able to temporarily move everything you will require during the construction. Consider where you will obtain water in relation to your temporary kitchen.
• Microwave (and a supply of microwave food and treat)
• Coffee Maker with filters and coffee.
• Various utensils, such as: can opener, bottle/wine opener, sharp knives, and microwave capable dishes.
• Toaster with bread and butter or other appropriate items.
• Keep some basics readily available: salt & pepper, spices
• Cleaning supplies
• Dishtowels or paper towels
• If you're remodeling the bathroom, plan as if youâ€™re packing for a trip. Move your hairdryer or electric toothbrush!
• We will sweep up and carry away the big chunks of debris at the end of every day; dust has a way of finding it's way into every nook and cranny in your home. Cover as much as possible!