- Are there things you don’t like about your current kitchen?
- Will you be remodeling other rooms in your home? Where is the kitchen in the overall schedule?
- What items do you want to put the most money into? (cabinets, floor, etc)
- If necessary, what items are you willing to reduce expenses on?
- How much can you afford to spend? Establishing a realistic budget in advance will make the process easier for you by understand any constraints.
- Are there any significant structural changes to consider, such as adding a window or moving a wall?
- Create your personal “wish list” for your new kitchen, prioritize the changes in order of importance to you and your family.
- What style of kitchen do you want to achieve? Save pictures from magazines and newspapers to help you evaluate alternative designs.
- Do you have any time constraints for the upgrade? If the project must be finished by a specific date, let us know immediately, so that we can plan to meet your deadline!
- If your plans include making major changes to your kitchen, are there new activities or functions that you want to plan for. (i.e.: adding a breakfast bar, desk area or pantry)
OTHER GERNERAL QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
A set of questions designed to provide information for Precision Cabinetry, Inc. to work with you in order to design a kitchen ideally suited for your family.
Your Schedule And Financial Constraints
- Do you have a proposed start date for your project?
- When would you like to finish this project?
- If you are building or remodeling, is the kitchen included in the contract?
- Do you have a budget for this project?
YOUR STYLE & PERSONAL DESIGN
- Do you have specific color preferences for your new kitchen?
- What type of wood finish do you prefer… Oak, Cherry, Pine, Maple, Walnut, painted or glazed?
- If your design could be improved significantly, would you consider making structural changes?
- Are you going to be keeping your current appliances?
- What is your style preference for your new kitchen?